- Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure
- That’s My Boy!
- A Thousand Words
- Twilight Saga:Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Katherine Heigl – One For The Money
- Milla Jovovich – Resident Evil: Retribution
- Tyler Perry (In Drag) – Madea’s Witless Protection
- Kristen Stewart – Snow White and The Huntsman & Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Barbra Streisand – Guilt Trip
- Nicolas Cage – Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance & Seeking Justice
- Eddie Murphy – A Thousand Words
- Robert Pattinson – Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Tyler Perry (Not in Drag) – Alex Cross & Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds
- Adam Sandler – That’s My Boy!
Worst Supporting Actress
- Jessica Biel – Playing For Keeps & Total Recall
- Brooklyn Decker – Battleship & What To Expect When You’re Expecting
- Ashley Green – Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Jennifer Lopez – What to Expect When You’re Expecting
- Rihanna – Battleship
Worst Supporting Actor
- David Hasselhoff (as “Himself”) – Piranha 3-DD
- Taylor Lautner – Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Liam Neeson – Battleship & Wrath of the Titans
- Nick Swardson – That’s My Boy
- Vanilla Ice (as “Himself”) – That’s My Boy
Worst Screen Couple
- Any Combination of Two Cast Members from “Jersey Shore” – The Three Stooges
- Mackenzie Foy (as “Little Renesmee”) & Taylor Lautner – Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart – Twilight: S.B.D. #2
- Tyler Perry & His Drag Get-Up – Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witless Protection
- Adam Sandler and either Leighton Meester, Andy Samberg or Susan Sarandon – That’s My Boy
- Sean Anders – That’s My Boy
- Peter Berg – Battleship
- Bill Condon – Breaking Dawn Part 2
- Tyler Perry – Good Deeds & Madea’s Witless Protection
- John Putch – ATLAS SHRUGGED: PART II
- The Entire Cast of Battleship
- The Entire Cast of Oogieloves inThe Big Balloon Adventure
- The Entire Cast of That’s My Boy
- The Entire Cast of Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn, Part 2
- The Entire Cast of Madea’s Witless Protection
- Atlas Shrugged: Part II
- That’s My Boy!
- A Thousand Words
- Breaking Dawn Part 2
The night went to The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, out on DVD/Blu-ray on the 11th March, which took seven awards from a near record total of 11 Nominations. These included, Worst Picture, in which Battleship was also contender, both of which I feel have been unfairly nominated here, Worst Actress, Kristen Stewart, absolutely!, But Worst Supporting Actor Taylor Lautner? I think not.
Worst Couple also went to Lautner and the 12-year-old Macenzie Foy which is one of the most disturbing mainstream pairings EVER and the film was also rightly awarded for the Worst Screen Ensemble. Personally I feel that Breaking Dawn Part 2 has had a raw deal here. It’s overrated and far from the film which the hype would suggest but it was NOT the worst film of year, nor was Battleship, though I’m not sure how to take Rihanna’s award for Worst Supporting Actress. I’m not a fan nor was I convinced by here but she wasn’t the worst actress that I’ve seen last year, with almost anyone from Breaking Dawn proving to be more inept than the wayward singer.
So, this was the last stop before the Oscars wraps up this year’s awards season and Breaking Dawn was duly recognised for the disappointment that it was but let’s not forget that the Razzies are a comical and satirical awards, and are not to be taken literally. Breaking Dawn Part 2 was most certainly NOT the worst film of 2012, but was Driving Miss Daisy (1989) really the Best Film of 1989, or Forrest Gump (1994) better than Pulp Fiction (1994) in 1995? It’s all very subjective and equally political.